If you’re overweight, lazy and lacking self-discipline and you want to lose weight, this is for you!
Some people will never lose weight because they let limiting beliefs stop them from recognizing their awesome inner resources. Instead they believe they’re lazy and undisciplined. I won’t argue with how you see yourself, even if I don’t agree, but I will argue that even the “lazy and undisciplined” can lose weight. In fact, instead of making lazy and undisciplined limiting beliefs, think of them as inner resources! Use them to boost your weight loss success!
1. Buy food you like including whatever fruit and vegetables you like – lots of fruits and vegetables. If you don’t like fruit and/or vegetables fake it ’til you make it. That means buy the fruit and vegetables that if you can’t exactly say you “like them,” you can at least tolerate them. Eat them while telling yourself, “I like them.” Keep doing that until you’re telling yourself the truth. Replace your old standard higher calorie side dishes and snacks with fruit and vegetables.
2. Put less on your plate. It’s the lazy way to eat fewer calories without feeling deprived. If you clean your plate and are still hungry you can serve yourself more. If you clean your plate and you don’t feel hungry, don’t bother getting up to get more.
3. Slow your pace. What’s the rush? Your food isn’t going anywhere. Give yourself plenty of time to enjoy a leisurely pace. Put your fork down between bites and sip water. Lazy people don’t like to do anything fast, right? So take your time and when you’re full, stop eating. No need to overexert yourself with all that biting and chewing and swallowing and digesting! Only the disciplined are driven to clean their plate. You’re full and there is still food on your plate? Who cares? It’s okay to leave it!
4. Don’t give up dessert! You deserve a sweet ending to a meal as much as anybody! Replace unplanned picking at food throughout the day with dessert at the end of your meal. If you’re in the habit of grabbing little handfuls of food all day long, you’d be surprised at how fast those calories add up. Instead of picking, plan a small serving of a special dessert after dinner. Here is why this is such a good strategy. You eliminate all the time (and calories) it takes to be eating throughout the day. You get to eat a satisfying dessert at the end of a meal, when you’ve already eaten enough to feel full so you can be satisfied with 3 or 4 bites.
5. FInd something fun and do it a lot. Even lazy people find things that are really fun that involve movement. Explore some things that look fun that you never tried before. The lazy way to get good at a new sport or hobby, so that it’s more fun, is to take lessons. 6. Wear slimming undergarments. It’s a ridiculously undisciplined and lazy way to look like you’ve lost 10 pounds. The appearance of looking slimmer and the gentle pressure of the slimming undergarments combine to make it feel natural to eat less.
7. Your weight struggles have nothing to do with laziness or lack of discipline. Inferior people seek a way to feel superior and often do it by becoming judgemental and moralistic. They want to define you as a person of poor character without knowing anything about you except what they can see on the outside. You have nothing to prove to those people.
Your body weight is not, nor has it ever been a sign of weak character. It might be the result of ineffective coping strategies, stress, or lack of quality sleep. Before you just decide that weight loss can’t happen for you because you really do think you’re lazy and lack self-discipline, know that no matter how lazy or undisciplined people can be, they can absolutely lose weight when weighing less is what they really want.