I understand that losing weight is hard. Heck! I’ve probably list more than 1000 pounds in my life – lost and gained and lost again, that is. The challenges are many. I have empathy for people who are fighting to lose weight and even more empathy for those who feel as though they’re losing their fight.
Despite having empathy, there are some things people on diets do that are extremely annoying to everybody who happens to cross their paths!
Here are the top 10 annoying things people on a diet do:
- Emptying your house of all their “off limit foods.”
- Filling your house with strange sugar-free, fat-free pseudo foods supposed to be good for losing weight.
- Insisting you eat that stuff as a way to “support them.”
- Asking that you don’t get them a birthday cake and then practically taking off your head because you didn’t get them one! …and… Asking that you don’t get them a birthday cake and then practically taking off your head because – this time – you got them one!
- Telling the waiter not to leave the basket of hot, freshly baked rolls and whipped butter on the table.
- Ordering baked fish and broccoli and then asking for a bite (make that many bites) of your lasagna.
- Insisting they don’t want dessert and then polishing off yours in a single “bite.”
- Mood swings because they step on the scale in the morning and they like the number, then they step on it in the evening and they are depressed by the number.
- Forcing you to support them by dragging you to take a four mile hike when all you want to do is sit on the couch to watch all 5 seasons of Breaking Bad back-to-back.
- Quoting Dr. Oz!